Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fun with Studs! Guest Blogger - Melanie S.

Ever since I was little, I have loved beaded/studded/sequined things.  I've owned 3 Bedazzlers in my life time and most of my clothing is embellished with something that wasn't there when I bought it.  My style has always been a happily haphazard mix of high/low fashion, little bit country and little bit rock and roll with a lot of DIY thrown in. Back in the day I glued things to my Doc Martens and had the obligatory safety pins on my denim and motorcycle jackets.


 I hadn't actually bedazzled anything for a while, but when studs and spikes started showing up on sneakers a few years ago, I knew I had to get back into the swing of things! I started off with spikes on my Converse a few years ago and from that time on, I have loved to have shiny metal things on my shoes.  Imagine how my heart fluttered when I saw these studded shoes by Louboutin...






Knowing that I could not (and would not if I could) afford the price, I set out to make my own "inspired by" studded oxfords.  I had a pair of black Capezio-esque oxfords I bought @ Urban Outfitters that were not giving me the same warm fuzzy feelings they did when I bought them.  I got a pack of studs from the fabric store near my job and took an afternoon of bad horror movies and Sweet Tea Vodka mixed with lemonade to create my own studded oxfords....




Whatcha think?  They make me quite happy!  Since this picture, I've added more studs, especially on the left toe that looks naked. Get tons of compliments (and stares), but hey, I'm used to that!  Shiny things make me VERY HAPPY! You never know what will be next! (btw, no Bedazzler used for this product, just my little hands and a screwdriver, thank God for soft leather!)


If you want to see something not so fun and cute, head over to my blog hair i see for some DIY hair.




No comments: