Thursday, September 23, 2010

Socks, Tights, and Pantyhose--OH MY!!!



I am fascinated by leg wear.  I know this may come as a surprise to some folks who have had to look at my bare legs all summer long, especially at work.  Truth is, I only don leg wear in the fall and winter months.  So, since the weather will soon be turning cold, I have been on a mission to find the perfect, you guessed it:  over the knee sock!  As a former Catholic school girl, I love any  kind of thick knee sock, tights, even an occasional leg warmer (yes, I said it-leg warmer).




 I view leg wear as an intricate part of an outfit, not just serving a utilitarian function, but as a true accessory.  Much like a purse or a cute scarf!  So, as I look through fashion print ads and look books.  I see my obsession for leg wear will be a well supported trend this season YESSSSS.  This gives me yet another excuse to go shopping (as if, I needed one)  Yesterday, I skipped through the parking lot of Marshalls singing to myself:  " I'm getting s-o-c-k-s, I'm getting s-o-c-k-s."  Ok, so you had to be there.  Anyway, I found the most amazing socks at Marshalls so I purchased a few (ok, 3) and I left the rest for you guys to buy for me, I mean for yourself.  When I arrived home to add my new leg wear to the appropriate drawer to make friends with the other socks and tights I discovered 2  pairs of tights, never worn ,that my sister gave me for Christmas.  How did that happen?  Take a look!


Betsey Johnson tights



Nine West/Jessica Simpson  Trouser Socks


No comments: